The Workshop on Modeling, Computing and Data Handling for Marine Transportation (MCDMT 2015) is going to take place in Corfu, Greece, on July 6, 2015, in conjunction with the 6th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA 2015). Nowadays, advancements on Marine Transportation require the synergy of both computer science and maritime science and the technical focus of the workshop is upon the latest developments on Computing Methodologies for Marine Transportation.
Papers with novel theoretical as well as applied research are welcome for submission. We would like to invite papers addressing research efforts that aim at making sea transportation more effective and safer, targeting complex and large-scale optimization problems with conflicting criteria, requiring innovative solution techniques and ideas from mathematical optimization, theoretical computer science, massive data analysis and operations research.
Submissions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Graph and Network algorithms for Marine Transportation
- Combinatorial optimization techniques for Marine Transportation
- Weather Routing
- Environmentally Safe Shipping
- Safety and Security of Maritime Shipping
- GIS in Maritime Applications
- Spatiotemporal and Marine Data Handling
- Route Planning and Monitoring
- Risk and Safety Analysis, Assessment and Prediction
Instructions for Authors
Submitted papers should include original work not previously published or being under consideration in any journal, conference or other workshop. Papers should be submitted as a pdf file and follow the IEEE CPS format, according to the general Instructions for Authors of IISA 2015. See the IISA2015 Instructions for Authors page for appropriate templates for both Latex and MS Word. Papers for MCDMT 2015 should be submitted through the general IISA2015 paper submission system (EasyChair).
Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE Proceedings of IISA2015 and will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library (IEL, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org). Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper will be presented at the workshop.
- Charalampos Konstantopoulos, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Grammati Pantziou, Technological Educational Institution (T.E.I.) of Athens, Greece
- Stavros Perantonis, National Center for Scientific Research “Dimokritos”
Workshop Programme Committee
- Paper Submission Deadline: February 27, 2015
- Paper Acceptance Notification: March 27, 2015
- Camera Ready Papers: April 15, 2015